Tired of being ksed and bullied

No offence, but if you don't care if someone is waiting for a mob/boss to spawn, and go for the kill, then you can expect such answer and/or that someone going for what he/she was waiting for.

Next to that, you say, "let Savic decide", yet you take it to the forums. Isn't that "Naming and Shaming"?

I believe that is also against the ToS.

Best thing to do i guess, is selecting the Nav point, use Ctrl T and ask if someone is camping there (in Local) That way you can be sure if a spot is free or not.

• Upvote 1

Why is camping a spot automatically entitling a player to a MoB? Nothing in the TOS says a 'spot' belongs to any one player.

If I wasn't so accommodating to the player base and happen to see a MoB I'm looking for and no-one is apparently shooting it even if they are cloaked, uncloaked or just sitting there, I will attack it and if I get debuffs and start registering damage, I will keep attacking till the MoB is dead. That is not a KS. Also there is no rule that states I have to ask anyone if I can attack a MoB.

If I get a pm BEFORE I start shooting by a player saying "I'm cloaked or about to attack 'Name" MoB" I will back off,

but

If I start shooting after them and taking the kill, that is a KS.

• Upvote 1

Funny..I remember post after post in the original EnB on this very same subject .... thing is..there were ALOT more players on the servers at the time...yet somehow we managed to find a place to hunt...just sayin..

Edited by Tash
  • Upvote 1

I'll just say that the "camping" of some of the boss mobs in this game has gotten out of hand.

Mynd,

Do you care to elaborate?

Which boss?  Why do you consider it out of hand?

• Downvote 2

What are the fair rules of camping?

Can we get them brought out into the open for everyone to have guidelines?

If a player has 6 toons logged on is it fair that he camps six bosses at the same time?

Camping is becoming a problem as we get more and more players, people want items, and with (for most bosses) pretty long timers, you can expect these things.

90% of the time though, the campers are players that want a certain item for an alt though.

Hence i opted for the CTRL-T and asking thing, so you can be (almost) sure if a spot is free or not.

I can understand if some-one is P/O'd, that when a timer reaches it's end, the mob spawns, and someone comes in and tries to/ or gets the kill for something you have been waiting for (happened to me multiple times). 10 or maybe 60 minute spawns shouldn't be a (real) problem, but when you have spawns that takes 24 or more hours, things get out of hand.

I do cloak at a spot, but thats more due to the fact that mobs from 20+k come to the spot where you are at, and overcrowd the whole nav (Varen's Girdle Ostrae nav 2 for example. Got a 0.5 sig, but when i start to attack a mob there, even the 31's from nav 1 come towards nav 2.....same with the crystal mobs to the north)

There are four options:

1: Triggered Bosses. You need an item to bring out the boss-mob, but that does not prevent others to kill it when you "summoned" it.

2: Instanced bosses. You bring an item, that "teleports" you to a "personal sector" to kill the boss.

3: Shorten the timers. Unlike "Live", we do not have the amount of players as were present at those times, so if 60 to 100 people are online, we don't need timers of 24+ hours.

4: Make ALL items tradable, but this isn't really an option, since you want to work (camp) for some items.

And we all know, these options are not possible. Maybe the first and third ones, but still.

As for "fair" rules, i guess these might work?

Make yourself known if another person arrives at the spot, if you are camping a spot (Uncloak or via Local)

Check if a spot is taken or not, also via Local/Nav location. Maybe even via New Players and/or General chat.

If you camp, and killed the boss multiple times and didn't get what you want, let some-one else try. You might be lucky the next time you camp there yourself.

Don't go in guns blazing, if you are not sure if someone else is there, waiting for the timer to expire. <-- This is the main problem with bosses. Every-one wants to get it, but what could an explorer or trader do if a warrior warps in and takes the kill.

There are probably a lot more that can be added, so let's get those rules known.

I think it wil be more of a gentlemans agreement than enforced rules.

Savic has a reputation for fairness as does VGE and other guilds play within the spirit of the game.

Would you prefer to play fairly or be considered a total &^%$! ?

• Upvote 1

I think it wil be more of a gentlemans agreement than enforced rules.

Savic has a reputation for fairness as does VGE and other guilds play within the spirit of the game.

Would you prefer to play fairly or be considered a total &^%$! ?

I always play fair. Then again, if you ask 10 people what fair means to them, you will get 10 different definitions. ;)

Someone should make a "Gone Camping" channel. This way if a person is at a camp spot, simply "Check In" and state where your Coords are as soon as you get to your campsite. Update your location periodically. Entries are time-stamped on the chat log so there would be no questions asked. At this juncture of the game, everyone knows where all the good camp spots are located at anyways. At least this way, all the good folks will just know .. ahh, ok, so and so is camped there...lets go do something else.

I also believe that this could instigate some sharing of the better sites. Just a thought 

Things are better now.  Last year it was hard to get Miguel, Grupta, Bob, etc. I think you can get round and see these MOBs several times a day now.  There are still a couple that will always be camped but its a question of out-camping the other guy if you are serious about getting what you need. As for KSing - that is much less of a problem nowadays too - for the same reason. IF there is someone there first and already shooting the MOB most of us move on and try something else, or you can be polite and ask and wait.

And who will "enforce" these rules? What is the punishment for breaking them going to be?

There should be NO enforcing on this matter. It should just become etiquette. That would make a game much more enjoyable.

Ofcourse you are going to have D**ks though.

Maybe add a rule that if you camp a spot, and killed the mob twice, let someone else try twice after that, and so on. Will be hard with 24+ hrs spawn though, hence it would be better if "bosses" were placed on item activation or something. Could be possible i think, since Job-Mobs are fixed to a player as well.

For some of the items, we should probably have alternate drop locations for them.  I'm not thinking about things that are intended to be awesome or rare, but things that are only "nice" or "desirable".    While they'd drop primarily from their current locations, there would be rare drops in places one might not think to look.  Simply make the alternate locations have mobs of comparable difficulty, give or take, but lower the drop rate at "alternate" locations. 

This could have some benefit.  For starters, it makes camping not be the only way to get particular items, only the most reliable way to do so.  It also gives incentives for players to farm mobs that they might not normally farm, on the off chance of a "surprise" reward.  IMO it would definitely make things more interesting.

As to named mobs I could see a few different ways, including ways already mentioned here, might spice it up a little.

A possibility is the occasional "out of place" mob that spawns where you'd not expect it.  I don't know if it's possible but imagine this.  You're hunting in Antares, and among the Voltoi you see something of comparable difficulty, that "doesn't belong".  This particular mob would have it's own normal drops, but would have a decent chance of dropping something good, but not awesome, that you'd not normally find in Antares.  In such a case there could be more than one possible item as it's "surprise" drop, but on any given appearance only 1 "surprise" drop per kill.

• Upvote 4

+1 Terrell

I like this 'out of place' idea. You could spawn these randomly anywhere - really anywhere apart from the noob sectors. Add the 'drops something nice occasionally' and they become juicy finds.  There are many mobs not in game yet, or we could invent a series of new ones.  Rather than have them appear in the regularly patrolled areas, have them pop up in remote locations and wait to be found. Non-agro unless shot to protect the innocents!

I like Terell's idea as well.

Random Spawns (Mob CL according to sector). The drops from those mobs could also give the economy a boost, since they are pretty uncommon, thus worth (lots of) credits.

It also makes exploring worthwile some more. Now, most things you'll find are hidden ore or hulk fields, but imagine that you come across one of those random MoB's, kill it and get a nice item (or two) that could be worth millions.

Killed it in that spot?, it'll spawn somewhere else in the sector, making camping useless.

Maybe even add something like that Quartermaster. Make it a really rare MoB, but you can buy certain items from him that are usually drop only. Only make it sell 1 item at a time, and it should be quite expensive.

Heck, let's take it a step further. Everyone who played Diablo knows about those "Hoarders" or "Treasure Goblins". Why not have such a mob in EnB :)