The Little Things

I do believe you will see day change into night and back when you are on planets. There is lots to see. Just don't become too mesmerized or you may be surprised by a nasty mob or two.

• Upvote 1

Yes, we tweaked the orbital files, one I was particularly proud of that we who were originally of the Terran team spent time with was Zweihander planet.

• Upvote 3

And I congratulate you, sir, and the team. I usually play alone, and find myself having my own little personal adventures out there in the universe. Thank you for helping to make it as enjoyable as possible. 

Also, glad to see the Lead Developer hails from Knoxville, a town I lived in for several years as a teenager. (Back in Memphis now.) I always knew the people there were somewhat special. Most of them, anyway. :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

<3

Loved working on those files.  Very first one to be animated was one of the Earth sectors.  Spent a lot of time working with the speeds to get it to feel just right, and if you watch it long enough, you can see a solar eclipse with Luna.   :)

• Upvote 3

• 7 months later...

I hope nobody minds me replying to an old post.

As a new player at EMU, I have been reading through older posts to try to get a feel of the community. This thread above struck a cord with my gaming sensibilities.

I remember playing Fallout 3, standing on the broken section of a highway bridge after dispatching some mutants who had been naughty. While I celebrated in rl with a swig of beer, I noticed in game the sun started to rise or fall, I can't remember which.  But what I do remember is the hair standing up on the back of my neck as I watched the dusky light move through the digital landscape, and witnessed a beautiful natural phenomenon made by man....

In an online gaming environment such as EnB, which inevitably through human nature causes many players to focus on getting the best shiniest "most fabulous objects in the world", it is nice to see players show some soul.

• Upvote 1