JE Env Shield vs Jump Start

My JE currently has Environmental Shield maxed and just one point in Jump Start.  I maxed the shield to provide me a bit of protection while mining. 

The thing is I haven't been mining lately so the points in the shield seem to be a waste and the low jump start makes it impossible to help out incap'd ships I run across.

I'm thinking of doing a call forward and switching them around.  Any advice, such as maybe splitting points between them, would be appreciated. 

Start another JE, have one for Mining with EV Shield and the other for JSing, nothing beats cloaking to a incap ship waiting for the right moment and uncloaking, jsing and cloaking again, hoping the player remembered to freewarp away so they don't get killed again.

fun fun. Cooper jsing is fun

You know If You wanted a more combat oriented JE??
I would Max out Leech, and Environmental shield.
Then you could look at it like the JE has 5 weapons add a couple good devices that could slow down your opponents fire rate.
It could be fun.

Call forward the points in E-shield, and put them into Jumpstart.   On any explorer character (JE, Scout, PE) you want to max Jumpstart.  For E-shield, raise it to L3, so it gives protection from any environmental damage.  At L1 & L2 it only gives 50%.  You can put more points into it later, when you are L150 and have maxed other skills that are important.

Thanks for the replies all. 

I already have a maxed JS which is a great fighter esp with a Martyr's Heart.  And my JD is at 144 and climbing so I have the fighting covered.

I went ahead and did the CF and maxed jump start.   Now if I can only find someone to make me a TAC9.

P.S. Zackman, I figure that was a mis-post but wouldn't most games kill for that "problem" :)  Great job Devs!

Edited by Ginra