Tzu's Test of Acquisition

I just picked up this mission from Tzu at OL 80, and it seemed straight-forward enough, but I'm wondering about the Lunatic Miners that I'm supposed to kill in VG to get the scanner. I found them, and killed 3 of them, but no scanner dropped. They are CL32 and I'm a JE CL18, so it took a loooooong time. Does anyone know how many have to be killed to get the scanner drop, or am I doing something wrong and is there a specific target that i should be looking for? Or maybe I'm just paying the price for being a JE with a "neglected" CL.

You just keep kiling them until it drops.  Not sure there is an exact number, but it was more than 3 for me. 

And a CL 18 JE will have a tough time in VG with this mission, as you properly stated.  Keep trying alone or get help. 

I did this not so long ago, took a few kills on my PW and a lot of kills on my JD, and there are Lunatic Miners in VT near the gate to Fenris.

Also the item you need is a 'Broken Scanner' from the mob, soon as you click on a broken scanner the mission will update.

Hope that helps.

I just did this mission with my Progen Privateer and it took a long time before it dropped.
I tried the Lunatics in VT with no luck then it finally dropped in VG.
But I know I've had this drop in VT when hunting there for other reasons.

• 2 weeks later...