Gene Hunters....

Gene Hunters.... Nuff said.... Right?  The name invokes a feeling of an evil little mob with a very bad temprament...

So why do they not make any raids on "the/or a" genetic repository in progen space??

This was the idea we were brainstorming about in guild chat the other night, as an idea for a raid/mini raid. Drops could include something along the lines of a new energy beam (Soul Fire 9 perhaps?), new deflect devices. This seemed like a logical progression for Gene Hunter's of every flavor (Strand Vultures, etc...) to stage raids on these progen facilities. It could be the task of the playerbase to defend the repositories. Their goal could be to destroy or transport genetic material locked within, thus using various means to acquire gene maps. Maybe late in the raid, they also start dropping the gene maps if the repositories shields fail from the assult.

Thanks for reading....

-Overt.

• Upvote 2

Hmm a raid or mini-raid based on Gene Hunters would be interesting.  The Gene Hunters by themselves aren't really that tough.   A well played L150 Jenquai character can easily solo them.  Now if you have them as a first wave in a full raid, or as some of the minions of a mini raid, that would be nice.  There would be the need for higher level versions of them, up to CL66, but I think it's a good idea.  Some new drops, as well as some alternate locations for existing drops, would be nice.

Perhaps such a thing could be implemented as the places we can go expands, not counting the places we got in EnB Origins.  Perhaps such a thing could be located in Sho'da'kan Nebula in the future.  Not sure when that opens but you can find a gate to it in Paramis.  If we had a Kuiper sector in Sol that would be another good place for it.  Same for an Oort Cloud sector.

Later when we go deeper into Antares, we could have a similar thing using Voltoi.  Some other mobs that come in versions higher than CL55, could be used in future raids or mini raids.  Different things could drop at different locations, and sometimes things that we wouldn't expect.

• Upvote 1

Gene Hunters.... Nuff said.... Right?  The name invokes a feeling of an evil little mob with a very bad temprament...

So why do they not make any raids on "the/or a" genetic repository in progen space??

This was the idea we were brainstorming about in guild chat the other night, as an idea for a raid/mini raid. Drops could include something along the lines of a new energy beam (Soul Fire 9 perhaps?), new deflect devices. This seemed like a logical progression for Gene Hunter's of every flavor (Strand Vultures, etc...) to stage raids on these progen facilities. It could be the task of the playerbase to defend the repositories. Their goal could be to destroy or transport genetic material locked within, thus using various means to acquire gene maps. Maybe late in the raid, they also start dropping the gene maps if the repositories shields fail from the assult.

Thanks for reading....

-Overt.

I like this, its not really not hard to do.

There are so many low and Mid level Bio-ripper areas through out the game especially in Ackeron's gate that can

trigger small named minor bosses.

There is also a Ship hulk in Paramis that has a couple of L55 with a great spawn rate that could trigger a L66 "DNA Sequencer" Hunt them down because of the creations of Horrible creatures.

Edited by Phorlaug

I like this, its not really not hard to do.

There are so many low and Mid level Bio-ripper areas through out the game especially in Ackeron's gate that can

trigger small named minor bosses.

There is also a Ship hulk in Paramis that has a couple of L55 with a great spawn rate that could trigger a L66 "DNA Sequencer" Hunt them down because of the creations of Horrible creatures.

Indeed, I had a similar thought regarding the lower level versions, such as the 20's in Akeron's, ABB, maybe Put some in Endriago as well...

It would be interesting to see where a repositories could be placed, maybe create some genetic research vessels for the game. I don't see that as difficult, and would even be willing to design some new 3D models for stuff like this. Perhaps something along the lines of a generalized research vessel that does what many scientists do today, in cataloging the mobs as well as other races throughout the game. This way, you wouldn't be required to have a Progen base of operations outside of Progen Space.

Great ideas here guys, keep em coming. :)

How many Destroyed Hulks are there floating around throughout the EnB Universe?

I really see no need to create new or adding new ship for the Bio-Rippers etc.

Use whats already existing, the Bio-rippers have just taken control of the said hulk

and made them into fully operational Research vessels, Repositories and High Security

Mutant Creature Prisons (HSMCP).

I'm now thinking about what Creatures can be released from a Spawn Trigger, one that

comes to mind is the "Ancient Cybernetic Wraiths" kind of humanoid looking,

of coarse they should be named something else.

Like the explosion of the Containment field from the Ghost Busters . Who you going to call ?

Edited by Phorlaug

• 1 month later...

As for some of the ideas concerning new devices that some in this thread have mentioned....is there a possibility that some of these devices are "group buffing"? By this, I mean buffing multiple targets simultaneously. I play as a JE a lot in raids and I like to be thorough when buffing others, but it is time consuming buffing people individually/waiting for reactor to recharge when your group-mates are anxious to start "said" raid. Just an idea here.

That's a good idea, AoE on buff devices of that nature would be a good thing.  Have the AoE increase as device level increases, if it's possible to do so.

How many Destroyed Hulks are there floating around throughout the EnB Universe?

I really see no need to create new or adding new ship for the Bio-Rippers etc.

Use whats already existing, the Bio-rippers have just taken control of the said hulk

and made them into fully operational Research vessels, Repositories and High Security

Mutant Creature Prisons (HSMCP).

on most ship/station hulks in the game you find "bio hunters" there good be some thing there for a nice story line. Dit the "bio's" destroyed the ship/station or dit they came later and took controle over that point?

As for some of the ideas concerning new devices that some in this thread have mentioned....is there a possibility that some of these devices are "group buffing"? By this, I mean buffing multiple targets simultaneously. I play as a JE a lot in raids and I like to be thorough when buffing others, but it is time consuming buffing people individually/waiting for reactor to recharge when your group-mates are anxious to start "said" raid. Just an idea here.

Oh hell yea !

I'll take a device for Group Psionic shield Buff, but I'm sure the Aggro would go up with it.

What Ully was thinking would be cool <---as a skill tree shoot off.

For skills, rather than changing the skill tree, how about a device that makes those skills that are single cast, AoE, when said device is equipped.  Said buff could be on some other equipment as well, besides devices.