stan0824

Trouble with Windows 7

Hello Folks! I have downloaded and installed the files for the Net 7 launcher and EnB. But when I try to launch, the launch screen comes up and just sits there, it doesn't do anything. I am not very computer literate, so I tried to follow all the instructions, but I have obviously messed up somewhere. Any suggestions please?

Did you set the Net-7 Launcher to "Run as administrator"?

Same as above :) (must be done) 

And make sure all 4 boxes on left side of launcher are 'ticked' and non on right . 

And have you ran the 'config' test (Tools in Launcher window) , it must be done . 

I just finished downloading client to a happy new comp running 64 bit windows 7... 

To be clear I'm opening a file called eandb_demo.exe ... I don't know why that seems a different name than the last time I did this, but that's what downloaded when I clicked Earth and Beyond Client in the Downloads section so I'll trust it's what I want... (such a trusting soul am I)

So I right click and run as administrator and I get this in a little box entitled Install that says:   "This software requires an additional 1486507591K bytes free on the C: drive to install.  Please remove any unnecessary files and try again"   ...again this is a brand new and essentially empty box with terabytes of free space.

If I click the "Ignore" button it then asks for the Product Key ..  I seem to remember that should be ignored so I click OK and then get this in a little box entitled "This file does not have a product associated with it for performing this action.  Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association with the Default Programs control pl\anel."

If i click OK, the next little box entitled Error reads:  "Could not execute the external program http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx"

Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Caiaphus

I use Ultimate Windows Tweaker V2.2.0.0. It allows me to set my computer in admin mode for everything.

I just reinstalled, same file, same system.

I left clicked and let it run. Closed the screen going to a non existent website

I then click on net-7_install, install and let it update.

Works for me

Hope this info helps you

My recommendation here would be some step by step screenshots of what you're seeing, we might be able to make a suggestion based on that.

hello all I need help if possible lol I am running windows 7 Ultimate 64 installed game than run the Net7 installer and at the end got error invalid 5 didn't right it down. I did check cert and says its not there the game will launch but when I put my password in and press enter it goes black screen and shuts down game and launcher ??