Trouble with Windows 7

Hello Folks! I have downloaded and installed the files for the Net 7 launcher and EnB. But when I try to launch, the launch screen comes up and just sits there, it doesn't do anything. I am not very computer literate, so I tried to follow all the instructions, but I have obviously messed up somewhere. Any suggestions please?

Same as above :) (must be done) 

And make sure all 4 boxes on left side of launcher are 'ticked' and non on right . 

And have you ran the 'config' test (Tools in Launcher window) , it must be done . 

• 1 month later...

I just finished downloading client to a happy new comp running 64 bit windows 7... 

To be clear I'm opening a file called eandb_demo.exe ... I don't know why that seems a different name than the last time I did this, but that's what downloaded when I clicked Earth and Beyond Client in the Downloads section so I'll trust it's what I want... (such a trusting soul am I)

So I right click and run as administrator and I get this in a little box entitled Install that says:   "This software requires an additional 1486507591K bytes free on the C: drive to install.  Please remove any unnecessary files and try again"   ...again this is a brand new and essentially empty box with terabytes of free space.

If I click the "Ignore" button it then asks for the Product Key ..  I seem to remember that should be ignored so I click OK and then get this in a little box entitled "This file does not have a product associated with it for performing this action.  Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association with the Default Programs control pl\anel."

If i click OK, the next little box entitled Error reads:  "Could not execute the external program http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx"

Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Caiaphus

I use Ultimate Windows Tweaker V2.2.0.0. It allows me to set my computer in admin mode for everything.

I just reinstalled, same file, same system.

I left clicked and let it run. Closed the screen going to a non existent website

I then click on net-7_install, install and let it update.

Works for me

Hope this info helps you

• 3 weeks later...

hello all I need help if possible lol I am running windows 7 Ultimate 64 installed game than run the Net7 installer and at the end got error invalid 5 didn't right it down. I did check cert and says its not there the game will launch but when I put my password in and press enter it goes black screen and shuts down game and launcher ??