new player

Hey all. Its been like 11 years since I played E&B ( could be off a year or two) on andromeda and I heard about this emulator but not really sure if its new or been around for as while.

Anyway I played a JE back in the original game and was thinking about playing a JD or a PW now. But I assume likeable other "private servers" that game will not be like, or even remotely close, to the original. So if someone could give me the 411 before I invest time in this that'd be great. :)

Overall I think the Emulator Devs have tried very hard to make the game resemble the original as closely as possible.  I'm sure there are countless tweaks that have been made, and some things that just can't be replicated due to lack of first-hand knowledge of the original code.  But overall the game has the feel of the original, for sure.

Annnnnnd!! there has been countless additions to the game that were not in the original.  Mail and the ability to transfer stuff between your Alts (without having to be logged in) to name a few.  

Get in and play a bit you might be pleasantly surprised. 

Three New classes, Many new systems to explore, A test ship app on Net-7.org.

When it comes to the JD and Jenquai, Its a religion to some.

You can't go wrong with a JD easy to level, the Jenquai DEVs got the starter mission in

great working order, near flawless.

The JE is the Weakest fighter, but i find that really not an issue. I learned to pick my fights carefully to stay within my capabilities so as to not bite off more than i could handle.

Edited by Woodstock
spelling errors caused by cell phone auto correct and tiny keys

Sounds cool.

So I like the JW because they look pretty cool and I played a JE so its close but from skimming the forum it seems they aren't too good.

When I came back to EnB last year, I started a JE... I have always loved the class... It is about focus of what you want to do...

JE:

Solo/Group Prospect It reigns supreme...

Mobility, fast speeds, Wormhole relative ease to get into pirate sectors.

Well developed class, popular... Even if you play JD as your main, build a JE too it is worth the time.

JD:

Stealth-Strike, assassin like play style... Sneak up behind your target and melt it with Plasma.

Great solo play, good in groups (especially Jenquai only groups)..

Lots of fun when you bounce around solo a lot...

JS:

Nearly 50/50 between JE and JD for combat, good for trade and exploration.

Worth exploring if you like building and beam combat.

PW:

Tank... With a little skill they are effective at solo play, but more at home in a group.

Ammo is a draw back at higher levels, these guys burn lots of ammo.

Fun in raids and group settings.

PS/PP Are combat variants of Explorer and trader classes. PS has "Call Forward" and I found them very fun to play.

TT: 

Builder/Healer

Good for building stuff, obviously, but are high demand in groups as healers..

TE:

Long range combat, so-so in solo play, and so-so in group combat.

Hacking/Bio Repression skills very useful in raids and group combat at higher levels.

TS:

If you feel the need for speed.... This is the hot-rod you are looking for.

One striking thing I've noticed was the delays in game play that went from .5 second delays to 10 second delays as I've continued playing completely stopping me from even playing halfway through the tutorial mission and requiring a ctrl alt delete spam to break free of the reigns of latency issues. Naturally one would assume internet connection issues but seeing as I've just came from an mmo who's minimum spec requires a computer from nasa and a internet networked by Google corporation itself just to walk through town, I don't think that's the issue especially since this game is so old that my phone could play it. Edited by YaminoNakani

One striking thing I've noticed was the delays in game play that went from .5 second delays to 10 second delays as I've continued playing completely stopping me from even playing halfway through the tutorial mission and requiring a ctrl alt delete spam to break free of the reigns of latency issues. Naturally one would assume internet connection issues but seeing as I've just came from an mmo who's minimum spec requires a computer from nasa and a internet networked by Google corporation itself just to walk through town, I don't think that's the issue especially since this game is so old that my phone could play it.

Make sure you have the 'Prototype reorder' box checked on the net7 launcher