My thoughts on the Polar express

I come back from months gone and a stupid amazing engine gets put into the game, I find I cant get it without begging for one because it's a holiday item... ok whatever, it can't be that amazing can it?

Wrong...

It replaced both my level 8 stealth combat engine (trifid 8) and level 8 warp engine (go ahead and laugh palomino 8) and has a unique game changing buff on it, and its a level 5. Mmkay, both of these should be addressed.

First of all, for the months it isn't available it will be ever increasingly hard to get, and thus ever increasing price. For people who hoarded a few, in several months time they could make tens of millions, I came very close to paying 20 million today. And I would have paid 200.

if that was the lowest and or only price.

Second of all this engine should really be a level 8, it's stupid overpowered as a 5, or make multiple very similar versions, a low sig with say 3750 warp level 8, a high sig 4K level 8 and a high sig 5K level 9 for instance. Should I really be replacing 2 level 8 engines with one level 5 engine that is better or as good in every single stat...THAN BOTH OF THEM.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It was a holiday item, therefore not many of them floating around as many folks didn't realize what it was they had. There are down sides, such as the -30 debuff(s). Sure, it's a fast engine, doesn't make it better than all the others. It's awesome for trader class, ESPECIALLY when you are actually doing trade runs as it gives you those extra slots, but to say it shouldn't be 'that good' , meh, I think you might be a bit overzealous about it. There really aren't that many folks that use them, from what I've heard, so there are many that are collecting dust in vaults. Supply and demand, just like any other economy, game or life. You will pay what the market will bear if you really want/need the item. ;)

• Upvote 2

I remember players that didn't get them on their own, paying rediculous amounts for Eyeball Popers, Pumkin Chuckers, or Sno-Ball launchers from yrs past. They were just toys that did no real damage but players had to have them.

This engine on the other hand is great for travel and doing trade runs. I would never use it for combat because I hate all equipment that has neg buffs.

Got to wonder if you would be complaining about it being too good, if you had been around at X-mas and got one.

200 mil is rediculous. Perhaps you could trade for one instead. Lately most end-game gear is traded instead of sold.
  • Upvote 2

I remember players that didn't get them on their own, paying rediculous amounts for Eyeball Popers, Pumkin Chuckers, or Sno-Ball launchers from yrs past. They were just toys that did no real damage but players had to have them.

Yes, I remember there was a market in Live for these items.  Not any more, as they are non trade items now.

Why is that?   :blink:  and can we get that changed back?  ;)

The only thing I use the one I have is trade runs, Yes it has low sig but like the others have said would never use it in combat and not so stupid amazing just fast. just my two . five cents worth. :wacko:

I have a tendency to forget to swap out gear, and quiet a few times I have ended up in a fight with travel gear equipped. Most of the time that didn't go well :p Yes nice engine but I am not using the ones I have, yes I did collect a few, and they are collecting dust, most likely if you were to ask nicely someone will give you one for free.