Terran Enforcer Lvl 30 Promotion Mission

I didnt see any recnet discsussion on this one so ...
Mission is Terran Promotion notificaton 2
v2.0 2-audio+bonus mission

Is this mission optional ?

the printed guides seem to imply it is but after I talk to the Executive and try to go to Yeager shipyard to get hull upgrade I cant and also notice my rank is still 'Lieutenant'.

SO I cant upgrade the ship (I had the 10K credits so that was not the issue) and Im not promoted.

Ideas ?

your on stage 1 of the bonus mission,Build 10 Industrial Mining Lasers and take them to Executive Cailleach MacKellan at Earth Station in Earth.
the choice was in the first talk tree. i can remove the mission and you can try again if you like, but the rewards are nice for it, up to you.

So the choices are
either
Immediate promotion / up grade but skip mission
or
defer promotion / upgrade until after mission.

I wanted to get the hull upgrade before doing the mission but wasnt clear that was not possible.

you must be hull level 10 to get the bonus mission, or you can just get your hull upgrade and skip the bonus mission.
those choices are made in the very beginning when you go to see Executive Cailleach MacKellan upon reaching overall level 30.
i am removeing the bonus mission from your log. read carefully when you speak to Executive Cailleach MacKellan again.

Thanks.
My hull says 70. Level 10 seems not to apply.

The dialogue ends "and remember that you ought to procedd to Yeager shipyard in luna sector as soon as you are able they will upgrade your ship for ya ..... 10,000 credits."
"Congradulations to ya LtCdr"

The clear implication is you are (1) promoted (but you are not) and (2) you need to go get the hull upgrade (but you cant). It should say somthing to the effect that

Once you have compleled the mission you go to Yeager shipyard blah blah blah.

• 2 weeks later...
This mission doesnt seem to be optional! I just did this on two toons and tried to decline it by reading the dialogue and the options carefully.

(I cant remember what it said exactly just going off memory) But the first talk tree gives the option "what no ceremony for me? " and " and OK what next" which both lead to the same dialogue and then a second talk tree when she offers the bonus mission. The second talk tree gives the options " I guess I cant say no " and " I'll have to think about it".

If you select the second option "ill have to think about it" she says something like " well if you change your mind, talk to me again. But for now you can just proceed to the shipyards in Tau ceti and pay the 10K fee. When the conversation ends, the bonus mission is added to your log despite clicking the obvious choice to decline it and you cannot forfeit it. Now I cant talk to Mackellan without completing the bonus mission.

Im just gonna go ahead and do it but I really did not want to. My characters names are: Rocket and Corazon Edited by Zesty

• 3 weeks later...
I am now stuck at this mission too. I accepted the optional mission, since the rewards are nice, but now I have a chicken-and-egg problem: I need the hull upgrade in order to deal with Rolland Holmes :-(

I read the in-game chat that the devs are looking into this problem. I wish that we could get the upgrade without having to complete the optional mission first, or at least have partially completed the non-combat part of the mission in order to get the hull upgrade, to allow TEs to be strong enough to deal with Rolland Holmes. Edited by VincentTH

• 1 month later...

I am now stuck doing bonus mission, I have built the mining lasers and shown them to mckellan, and taken them to inverness to be certified and them told to take them to cygni station, when I get there, there is only one talk tree and then nothing, can anyone help with this ?? toon name is vayalin, terran enforcer

Edited by lerung