Black Prophecy

Let me start out by saying this isn't posted to cause any drama or hard feelings. E&B will always be a great game, but sometimes you jest need a break from it to play something else.

Black Prophecy is something between E&B and EVE and Star Wars: Empire Divided-Jump to Lightspeed. Hit the forums, and if it interests you they just gave away 5,000 beta keys (more or less making it open beta now).

Go to GameItem.com for a free beta key. There are almost 2000 keys left when I posted this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

mmm well it's an f2p model. Can't think of a single f2p that has been any good... ever. But thanks for the key, had planned on playing around with it a bit. Only thing is... cant read German websites *shrugs* and the key says for UK. lol what's "abs-chicken" :)

Here is the non-EU reg page, which does work for us US users with the key that says EU. http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/beta/

Prepare to jump through gamico hoops if you haven't linked your game accounts, emails and forum accounts all together in a nice little bow. geez heh

Edited by Daywolf

I don't mean to sound like a nubcake, but whither does one use this key?

Incidentally, there are now 1438 keys remaining.

HERE is a nice step-by-step guide on how to use the key and get into the beta. After you do all of that, you'll get an e-mail with links to the beta client download.

Thanks for the link to the guide. That was a heck of a strange procedure just to get registered for the beta.

at 5.7 gigs its gona take some time :P download goes from 225kbs to 1.5mbs

It's looking like an hour for me. I'm getting my full 1.1 MB/s down (split between the four bin files, of course).

858 keys left, if anyone wants to know.

yea I just saw that in the forums, and looking at my quad core on the floor here in the corner, where its been since my psu fried everything

and been using a 5-6 year old pc I'm about to SCREAM!

Oh that's too bad, sorry to hear. I figured it would be a good idea to mention that here since we are playing a fairly retro mmo here with low requirements. Of course the only good mmo is retro these days :rolleyes: I really haven't had any good reason to build a multi-core, my 64bit is still serving me well going on 4yo now, plays any mmo and makes me top-quality 3d renders (artsy stuff etc).

Don't know why they req multi. From what it looks, the video card should be doing most of the work. In fact it's way better to dump a lot of the work onto the GPU rather than onto the CPU. Ah well.

Edited by Daywolf

I haven't been able to get in at all yet.

Edit:

Just for consistency, all the beta keys are taken now, if anyone was wondering.

Edited by C Del

Me either, but it's the multi-core issue so chances are I won't be able to until they add single-core support :rolleyes: which'll prolly ne-ne-ne-ver happen since it be another f2p project :P heh

But I did get Battlefield 2142 working again, I'm so jazzed :D Get what ya pay fur ;)

darn missed the key its 0 now... it looks interesting though, I had my eye on it for a bit now before I found the emu.

As to F2P models D&D on-line and LOTR are examples of it done well.

Edited by Bovyne