Login Errors - tried everything here so far

I get a login error.  I have tried everything here, install, re-install, firewall, ports, run as admin, Internet options, etc.

I still get the EA Server is OFFLINE. I can tracert to the server however.

I tried on another system on the same network and it worked, but not on this one.  Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit, gft 560, i7 and 16GB RAM.

Please help.

I also followed the steps to install the certificate, etc per the below -- no dice either :(

I am getting the INV-300 (EA.com is temporarily unavailable) error
This error is related to the SSL encryption used to secure your connection to the server. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:

• Download this file and unzip the files into the root of the drive where your E&B installation is (or place them manually if you used a custom path). This will fix most INV-300 problems. Proceed with the following steps if it does not:
  • Download this file to "C:\Net7\bin".
  • Go to "C:\Net7\bin" and open the file "local.net-7.org.cer".
  • Click the "Install Certificate" button on the dialog box that comes up.
  • On the "Certificate Import Wizard", click "Next".
  • Select "Place all certificates in the following store:".
  • Click "Browse..."
  • Select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and click "OK".
  • Click "Next" and click "Finish". If a dialog box pops up saying "The import was successful.", you're good to go. If you still receive the INV-300 error after this procedure, please post in the tech support forum.

• 3 months later...
Try making another user and just have EnB on it, sometimes bloatware loaded at log-in on win7 64bit upsets EnB

I have created a user just for EnB myself, also I had to re-install EnB approx 3 or 4 times to get the certificate to work

• 7 months later...

I had the same problem with the certificate and just had to do this to get it working.  *NOTE* You probably have to be a local computer administrator to do this, and are not for the faint of heart :) :

• Download this file to someplace on your computer.  Remember where it is.
  • Click Start, and type MMC in the Search box.
  • Click File -> Add/Remove Snap-in, Double click "Certificates"
  • When prompted "This snap-in will always manage certificates for", choose "Computer Account" and click Next
  • Click Finish to select "Local Computer".
  • Click OK, Expand "Certificates (Local Computer)", "Trusted Root Certification Authorities", and click "Certificates"
  • Right-Click on Certificates, and choose "All Tasks" -> Import
  • Hit Next at the first screen
  • On the Next screen, hit "Browse" and find the file you downloaded in Step 1.  Hit Next two times, then Finish.
  • You should get a message that "The import was successful".
  • Look in the long list of certificates in the right-hand pane and you should see an entry for "local.net-7.org"

YMMV but I had to manually import the cert into the computer's certificate store before it would work.  Oddly enough, it worked fine using the default install the first time through, and only started acting up after I made some workstation changes at work to reflect a new AD domain.  Weird :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all, been a long time :) Just wanted to shout out to Beauregard, as that fix definitely worked. I consider myself pretty savvy with computers (being career SQA for 15 years) but this one stumped me! Last time I tried EnB though I think I was on a Windows XP x86 machine heh. Manually saying "dude, go here" worked brilliantly. Thank you, Beau.

It's great to see the "world" again. I've missed this game.

~V