Stuck at "Receiving initial login data"

Stoop

I'm sure it's probably something with my machine, I can get my accounts logged in, but none of my characters will log in.  All of them get stuck right after I select the character.  Any help would be appreciated.

exactly Kyp.  And the "Receiving initial login data" is what the empty box icon in the sys tray says when I hover my mouse over it.  I'm minutes away from another 12 hour a day/5 day work week so I probably won't be able to download and install on another machine till the weekend.

Just FYI, this is usually a sign of 1 of 2 causes, the TH6 files need to be deleted, and you need to run the configuration utility found in the game's folder. (enbconfig.exe), make sure the config is run as admin, it writes to the registry. If your PC is Vista or after it will block these writes to the registry which will prevent it from working.

• 1 month later...

Just FYI, this is usually a sign of 1 of 2 causes, the TH6 files need to be deleted, and you need to run the configuration utility found in the game's folder. (enbconfig.exe), make sure the config is run as admin, it writes to the registry. If your PC is Vista or after it will block these writes to the registry which will prevent it from working.

After taking a couple month break, I had this same problem(never had this problem in the last 4 years of playing). I tried what Kyp said and nothing. Then I tried running net7 as admin and now I can get past the initial galaxy screen and play but I have no sound. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running win XP.

• 6 months later...