Game Randomly Minimizes

I've been experiencing an issue where the game will randomly minimize while playing. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm actively performing actions in-game or not. I thought maybe it was my antivirus updating, but these minimization events aren't coinciding with the AV updates. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Any balloon windows or information coming up when it happens? 

Windows 7? I've seen it happen before, but was unable to repeatedly duplicate it so a fix could be identified. I haven't seen it in a very long time though.

Windows 8? These here be rough waters, best o' luck t' ye ;)

there are shortcuts involved with the way you move the mouse and the location of the pointer which can control minimization but that shouldn't have an effect if you're full screen.

Are you windowed or full screen?

there are shortcuts involved with the way you move the mouse and the location of the pointer which can control minimization but that shouldn't have an effect if you're full screen.

Are you windowed or full screen?

You can't minimize in full screen mode, only bring up the taskbar. Only able to minimize using windowed mode. Just thought I would point that out ...

I get this problem randomly on my desktop (win7 64 Ultimate -- not window mode @ 1920 x 1080 ) ,but if i close/exit everything i can on right hand side of taskbar that can be closed without causing any issues with the running of the computer  . It then works fine and no longer minimizes , i suppose if i was to experiment i would find which one (or 2 etc) was actualy causing the problem lol :) . I hope this helps you as well .

You can't minimize in full screen mode, only bring up the taskbar. Only able to minimize using windowed mode. Just thought I would point that out ...

Actually if they're talking about what I think they're talking about it's not really minimized in the same manner, it acts as if the screen is hidden. I've only seen it just minimize normally if I got a notification from my firewall without it in game mode to prohibit the pop-ups.

• 4 weeks later...

run the enbconfig program in the  game directory /  C:\Pregramfiles (x86)/eagames/earth & beyond/Ebconfig

file E&BConfig.  Make sure you run it as administrator  to run full screen deselect windowed button , run the tests and when finished close the config program, then run game

it should be full screen

run the enbconfig program in the  game directory /  C:\Pregramfiles (x86)/eagames/earth & beyond/Ebconfig

file E&BConfig.  Make sure you run it as administrator  to run full screen deselect windowed button , run the tests and when finished close the config program, then run game

it should be full screen

Awesome, will do my next days off... THANK YOU for your response.  I am still trying to move around in game as in WOW and is taking a little bit of getting used to again.  In the config, is this where I would assign hotkeys to use in the game?  As I remember I used a pad or joy stick of sorts in the old enb.  Thank you again!

• 6 months later...

I ultimately determined that the cause had to do with something running on the computer. I still don't know what it is, but it causes the whole system to "pause" for a moment. Since I'm moving everything to a different machine anyway, it stopped being a concern. Just wish I knew what it was. The funny thing is that whatever it is stopped causing E&B to minimize the last couple months.

If it helps, you can write a very simple autohotkey macro to bring them back to focus. For example:

;CTRL + ALT + 3 = Ensure all windows are not minimized

^!3::
WinGet, enbid, List, Earth & Beyond
Loop, %enbid%
{
Id:=enbid%A_Index%
WinActivate, ahk_id %Id%
sleep 50
}

Return

Disable Aero preview if it's Windows 7, that might help. Usually it has to do with some sort of pop-up notification taking focus from the game's window. Those didn't exist when this game came out.

The problem occurs outside the game, as well, often when previewing a window from the taskbar, but not only. I notice it when I'm move the mouse pointer and then it stops, only to suddenly move to where it should be once the mouse stopped. And it's only on that one single machine, I haven't encountered the issue on any of the dozens of machines I've installed Windows 7 on (almost all have been 64-bit pro), or on the other machine I had running E&B. But for all it's worth, the issue no longer matters as I have a different machine now and I'm mostly done transferring data. The new machine doesn't experience this problem. I think it is probably some piece of bloatware from the manufacturer that wasn't removed or was removed but had some remnant left over. It's getting wiped clean tomorrow. There were a few other games that were affected by this, but they didn't minimize, they only froze up for a couple seconds. Whatever it was also screwed with audio as music would get momentarily severely distorted during these instances when I'd be listening to tunes in WMP or Winamp.

• 2 weeks later...
If your minimized hover over the icon on task bar untl preview of game appears. Right click preview click on restore it should return the game. Dont rush through the steps and it should work