Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

• 1 year later...

PLEASE HELP :(

i have the game installed and running

i have an EnB account

but im not sure what to do next

it ask for an acct and when i try to make one

it ask for an EA acct so i try to make one

and theres no country option for North America!

and if just choose something after all that

it ask for a product key

or am i just doing something wrong

PLEASE HELP

Edited by Mattani

i have the game installed and running

i have an EnB account

but im not sure what to do next

login into portal on www.net-7.org with your forum username and password

Then under 'Account' menu, select 'Account linking'. That will create new game account that you can use to login into game.

Do not use account management function in game. It does not work. You do not need EA account and using one does not work.

login into portal on www.net-7.org with your forum username and password

Then under 'Account' menu, select 'Account linking'. That will create new game account that you can use to login into game.

Do not use account management function in game. It does not work. You do not need EA account and using one does not work.

Sweet Its Working Thanks :)

Edited by Mattani

• 1 month later...

Been missing E&B ever since the game ended. Missed the final confrontation of the V'rix take over - or whatever happened. Read of the game's demise, and over time I kept hearing about this emulator.

Have tried installing this a few years ago and still to this day I cannot install the game into Windows 7 x64. I have tried the downloaded file, and even dug out the 2 disc CD demo. Both installations have the same issue, and give me an error from the get go: "Error 1334. The file 'mssds3dh.m3d' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'EBConfig.cab'. This could indicate a network error, and error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
The updater file does have the missing file, but there's no way I can insert that missing file into the cabinet file. I'm not a programmer so that whole VB thing that Microsoft claims might work just boggles my mind. I can do the computer techy stuff no problem.

So, I have run the little batch file that came with the patch. Still  Cannot install. Have extracted every file from the cabinets and still no go. Crashes at the same Error 1334.

Am about to reboot to Windows 10 x32 that is installed to the other hard drive to see if I can at least attain an installation. Think I had this problem with Windows XP once, but I cannot fathom how I fixed it - been ages ago.

So how does one get this game to install? Is there a cabinet file with the missing mssds3dh.m3d already embedded inside it so I can install E&B?

Edit: Oddly enough Windows 10 and no issues installing Earth & Beyond from the downloaded file. However I have to run E&B from Win7 as Win10 keeps killing the Creative Labs X-Fi audio drivers. So maybe I might see the game tonight?

Edited by Xelkos

Had 7 Installation issues.

2 Things I noticed after several trial & errors:

1. Install Net-7 to its default location. That seems to been part of an issue I was having.
  2. The small button on the right appears to be looking for an executable, in which I thought (as during setup) it was looking for e&b.exe in which it was not - it was searching for \Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe as seen in the title bar.
  3. The bottom-right button was misleading in the text written on the button, however the title bar gave away as to what the search box was looking for. So once pointing this to the correct file, client.exe

Am now looking at a place to lig on and create something.  :D

Edited by Xelkos

Okay... Net7Proxy is stating: Server Failed to respond to Login attempt. Gave the executable Administrative rights. Am assuning that if I get past this point I can log in? But I have to get past this error first... /sigh

So wanted to see E&B tonight.

Ahh, see what the issue was. Had to adjust the Local IP address.
Had to change password; that was an ordeal. Kept it simple this time.
Now am staring at the map screen and seems to be no progress past that.

Been at this since 6PM, and it's after 1AM now. Am guessing I shoudl skip the tutorial to relearn the game?

Note: Unchecking the Packet Optimizer was the key to logging in - since I'm on wifi only.

Edited by Xelkos