Linux(maybe mac?)/Wine install guide.

I'm actually running in to the same sort of certificate error on my Mac (Snow Leopard with wine devel version via macports) and am digging into it now. Just wanted to say if and when I do figure it out (pretty sure I know what it is), I'll let you know. I plan on writing up instructions, since there are a few adjustments needed for the Mac.

Sorry... I made a post in this thread and it has nothing to do with this thread... I'm actually not sure how I posted it here. I meant to put it in another thread.

I edited the post to this but if someone can get rid of this post, go ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be worth attempting this on an Acer Aspire 5315?

# Processor: Intel Celeron M processor 530 1.7GHz

# Memory: 1GB

# Graphics Card: Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

It's still far better than what it used to run on so yes.

Totally unrelated, does someone managed to have Net7/EnB running in it's latest version on linux ?

I can't manage to.

The launcher works fine, but there is no host filled in nor emulator choice or port number, and when i fill the host and port manually, i can check the online status of the server the number of players, but the launcher can't find the emulator.

And if i use the command with the proxy it tells me connexion failed and that there is a certificate problem or something.

(and i can't update it in anyway).

edit>> after some tests, using the

wine net7proxy.exe /ADDRESS:"87.106.15.67"

command (the ip is the one a dns lookup on play.net-7.org returns), there is no error of login, but i've got an error telling me that EnB failed to launch. :huh:

If someone have an idea....

I have this running, after a fashion. Problem is the game window keeps flashing back and forth between the game and the blue WINE background in big ugly rectangles, making it unplayable. Suggestions?

Other than that it seems to work fine.

direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel® 965GM GEM 20090326 2009Q1 RC2 x86/MMX/SSE2

When I start it this way, the previous problem doesn't happen. Instead, as soon as Megan loads the game starts screwing the graphics up (pasting on the screen, etc) and once I get in game it crashes after a few seconds. This is the dump from terminal while still on the login screen.

v@Mneme2:~/enb$ wine explorer /desktop=EnB,800x600 c:/net7/bin/net7proxy.exe /ADDRESS:"87.106.15.67"
Net7Proxy version 1.72
04/02/10 13:00:36 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67
04/02/10 13:00:36 Sending login.
04/02/10 13:00:37 login OK
04/02/10 13:00:37 Starting E&B...
04/02/10 13:00:40 Launch E&B successful
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f7c8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateAdditionalSwapChain The app requests more than one back buffer, this can't be supported properly. Please configure the application to use double buffering(=1 back buffer) if possible
err:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
fixme:d3d8:ValidateVertexShader (0x1a2f1e0 (nil) (nil) 1 0x33f45c): stub
fixme:d3d8:ValidatePixelShader (0x134e658 (nil) 1 0x33f460): stub
fixme:d3d8:ValidateVertexShader (0x19bb9c8 (nil) (nil) 1 0x33f450): stub
fixme:d3d8:ValidatePixelShader (0x1a0db78 (nil) 1 0x33f460): stub
fixme:d3d8:ValidateVertexShader (0x19dda98 (nil) (nil) 1 0x33f450): stub
fixme:d3d:tex_bumpenvlscale WINED3DTSS_BUMPENVLSCALE not supported yet
04/02/10 13:01:52 MVAS thread running

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks.. Alright, here goes....

I god EnB fully running and works great and beautiflu using the Crossover Office wine derivative. i have ran into a few problems though..

lright, i have to amend my previous post as the errors are different then i previously thought.

the game only sees my Processor at -1077mhz. not a big deal the game should be able tot run clean regardless.. the real problem is that after a few seconds of constant input, such as holding the arrow to turn right or left the whole system locks up and it's a total box reset, any suggestions..

Sys Specs

ASUS MoBo: M45a785td-v

AMD:PH II x4 3.2ghz

ATI Radeon HD-5770

GSKILL 2x2g Ram

• 1 month later...

I installed EnB and Wine on the ubunto client and it runs as stable as my win xp does.

I may be lucky...

I did notice that the NetLauncher does not show addresses or whether the game is online or not.

I just click play and off it goes.

Thanks for the guidance..

I have noticed also that sometimes when at a terminal or moving in a station it does seem to lock up..

But it is lag issue as leaving it for a short while 1-2 mins max it catches up.. you end up doing a twirl or finally the stuff you bought loads up..

Flying and jumping appears solid.. as long as you remember to make sure you have repeats off on your keyboard settings

Regards

Giam

Starscream

I kind of suspect that this will not work on all GPUs. Integrated GPUs are almost out of the question. Most lappys with Intel or AMD iGPU's(Unless super new) will not work. Most NVIDIA iGPUs likely will not either sadly. VM may or may not work. The best option is dual boot in many cases.

Actually not sure if this is related to linux or not but the problem only appeared on my Linux Box.

was grouped with my miner and initially the miner was on the LB (Linux box). approaching roids and trying to mine them was impossible.

Looking at the XP I could see the LB engines kicking in but not moving alhough on the LB it seemed to be driving around quite happily as long as I didnt use the keyboard. Keyboard seems to be a problem even when walking now. right mouse button drive most of the time even with repeats on.

Any how switched the accounts round and the problem stayed with the LB.. so it seems that if you warp to a target you get there. but if you drive to it there is a good chance you actually do not move on the server but you do on the client.

I dread the thought of dual booting my LB... I soo like the fact that my LB is up and running in like less than 30 secs. where as 10 minutes later the XP finally decides to allow user input. ( and yes I know I could clean it out and re-install it but then it will only be down to 5 minutes of windows bloat ware, virus scanner and ewb )..

The Joys of Computing in 2010

G

That sounds like a keyboard repeat option. You have to disable the repeat or find the sweet spot :) In KDE it's in System Settings> Keyboard and Mouse> Keyboard Repeat. Dunno where it would be in Gnome or XFCE...

• 1 month later...

First, this is great! I am making good progress getting enb to run on ubuntu.

Now I am getting the inv-300 error.

When i use the command line above for wine, i get the following response:

wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\net7proxy.exe"

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

First, this is great! I am making good progress getting enb to run on ubuntu.

Now I am getting the inv-300 error.

When i use the command line above for wine, i get the following response:

wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\net7proxy.exe"

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

That's weird. It shouldn't be looking in your system32 folder. I have my net7 stuff in ~/.wine/drivec/net7/bin/ folder. Is that where you're executing it from?

Its in my home/user file, please excuse me if i dont use the proper terms, im new to linux.

Hmmm. If you followed the instructions in the first post you can try this

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/NET7/bin
wine LaunchNet7.exe

Yes, tried all options on the launcher.

Two things:

1: on my linux comp i never see the dos black box that i see on my winxp comp

2: running the launcher in `debug launch` i get the following error message: Sharing Violation on path "C:\Net7\release\client.exe" /L /LC /SSL:443 /POPT /DEBUGL

Details: Sharing violation on pat C:Net7/bin/launch.bat

Also, in authlogin.log, I see error 10061.

GetTicketSync(1) failed with IAUTHORIZE_BAD_CONNECTION.

I hope some of this information is useful to someone.

Btw, my internet connection seems solid, will check with dslreports.com, and report any changes.

• karu unpinned this topic