Packet Loss / Lock Ups?

I'm not sure what to call it so I'm not sure how to search past threads for it, I tried packet loss but couldn't find anything on it.

When I start playing, everything runs smoothly and runs perfectly fine. Load times are fast, I can dock and use warpgates with no problems. After about 10-15 minutes of playing, all my actions become delayed; very minor at first but then it becomes extermely noticable within minutes (including warping, prospecting, targeting..). Once this occurs, the next time I try to dock, warpgate, or use anything that takes me out of the current system locks my game up on the loading screen.

I am not sure if this is the "gate" issue that is pinned or not, but that seems to be in context to docking, launching, or gates in general. My game becomes sluggish in everything I do until I finally try to do any of the above, where it locks up.

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if this has been answered, I am fairly new here and I don't know what to search for to find in this forum.

Be sure that your 'packet optimization' box has a checkmark in it on the launcher. Most people play with all 4 boxes checked. Make this change as admin so it will 'stick'. It should remedy the problem you are having.

This sounds like your NIC is queuing up packets, in the event that doesn't work. There are functionalities that will allow you to offload some of the work, depending on the driver for the NIC but it's hard to say for certain. 

Do you have any idea how to do a network trace? That might help see what's going on assuming Alurra's mention doesn't fix it.