Hanging Loading Screen (Luna - Zweihander) only

So i seem to be able to dock and gate fine anywhere else so far but specifically when i try to use the LUNA/ ZWEIHANDER gate my loading screen hangs. I've tried some of the solutions recommended for gating issues but none have helped so far and it only seems to be the one very specific gate. Any ideas ? 

EDIT** Ok so now I tried the back way into Zweihander via akerons gate, and i even got to Witberg with no probems. Then trying to gate from Witberg to Zweihander the loading screen hung again. It seems to be Zweihander sector having issues. 

Edited by antemalagon

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here. Had sporadic disconnects, didn't care much about it, started a terran enforcer, tried to jump in the Zweihander system and... nada. Impossible. Under normal circumstances a restart would help. Not so in this case. I started to investigate. IP configuration, router, MTUs, firewall(s), everything i suspected interfereing (also disabled security software completely along the way). The good thing: sporadic crashing is now gone (by adjusting MTUs, reducig parcel loss to zero). Except this system. It just won't gate. I am at a total loss here. One thing i did notice, tho: usually when gating fails it shows the loading screen map but not the red circles and arrow, so i could easily tell a gating problem. Not in this case. It displays the process, but just wouldn't complete. If you wait for the bitter end (which i did also) you get thrown to login screen (by server timeout, i guess, takes quite a while).

Resolved it by using SoftetherVPN. Thats odd. Its just this system thats refusing to work over my connection. Its not the router - at least not the security, for i used a DMZ to no avail. Seems to be port related? I do not understand. But one thing i can say: its not package loss, its connection loss occuring at that Zweihander system.

Edited by CaptainFizz

We've heard sporadic reports over the years about this sector but with a few attempts i've copied a player's toon to one of my test accounts and been unable to reproduce it.

My thought would be to run process monitor (sysinternals/microsoft tool) and see if it shows anything that it's having trouble accessing filewise that we could look into.

Just to expand on what Kyp was saying. I have a couple of guild mates that experience this same issue from their home computers. They have given me access to their accounts/passwords and I can easily access these sectors from my machine, so it is almost certainly something being blocked from perhaps certain ISP's or firewalls or something of that nature.

The friends of mine that have issues accessing are from Luxembourg; I believe; if that helps at all.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

Most probably related to different ISPs and different MTU sizes. I'd try to explain that stuff, but a little beyond the scope of this forum. This is what the 'packet optimization' option is for on our launcher. It attempts to set the size and this has to do with your router/switch/network config.

As already mentioned in one of my other replies:

Many providers block certain ports known for hacker-attacks. The Zweihander Sector is within this port-range.

Changing provider (using VPN on another line will have the same effect) and suddenly able to access Zweihander without any problems is proving this: Your ISP is simply blocking this port.

Normally any provider should not do any active firewalling on customer lines (except mobile providers). I would call the provider and ask him to stop this nonsense.

I didn't realize that one. Remind me of the port at next meeting Zack. We can maybe discuss changing this to a port that isn't blocked. I think I recall you mentioning that before now that I think about it.

That is probably it. As i said: i had MTU problems but set the package size manually (its 1460 btw). Gating issues vanished nearly completely (i had some disconnects meanwhile, but i assume its just that, i stopped counting the hops). It is definitively Zweihander-System related and whilst MTU can cause problems, that is not it (for it should happen randomly and not system specific). I read in another post the guys were from the Netherlands. Here Luxembourg was mentioned and i am from Germany, so that sounds awfully local to me (sorta). It could be a ISP port block. I am not entirely convinced that it isn't the router, but as i set it to DMZ (poking a big hole in any security related port blocks), i doubt that. Its also not computer related. Its probably port related and probably on the (EU) ISP side, that seems to be the most reasonable explanation.

Edited by CaptainFizz

It was 3544 before, which is known as a port used for a trojan - so i changed it to 3545 already.

Of course the problem has to be eleminated on the ISP side because we cannot change all ports daily based on what the script kiddies plan to use today...  :lol:

Give your ISP a call and ask them to remove the firewalling for you. Note: Mobile (3G) provider are using a complete different setup (Nat) and they will never change anything for you.

This is (another) reason why gaming via 3G = BAAAD...