Account Creation Change

B

Ok, I have a couple of reasons for this post.  First, I want to change my Username, but apparently there is a minimum number of posts required before I can change it.  So this post helps me meet the minimum number of posts.  Which brings me to why I am in this section of the forum.

My current Username is Bíshin.  That name includes one unique character the tilded i.   When my name shows in the top right corner beside the signout link, that tilded i is replaced by a diamond with a ? in the center.  I am beginning to believe that this is keeping me from logging into Net 7 Portal.

When I created my account today, I was asked to enter a name of 3-26 characters.  No restrictions were listed.  My name, with the tilde was accepted and i can easily log into the forums with it, I cannot however log into Net 7 Portal.

The change I am suggesting to the Account Creation would be to identify any unique letters or characters that would cause problems logging in.  This would be to prevent new users from encountering the problem I am currenty facing.

Thanks,

Bíshin

IMO, it is better to use or have a name that is short and with NO special characters in it.

You will find that a lot of raid promoters will only try once or twice to invite you into a group or raid.

The only reason I would see for you to have a specific long and Character oriented name is for

security purposes and I kind of think that worrying about your characters vault hack is unnecessary.

Keep it simple.