windows 8.1 and .net

Hey

So my windows 8 laptop had updated to 8.1

and i had went to run net7 launcher and it gave me a .net framework error, so i installed .net 4.5 i belive it was. and its still giving me this error. i have tried installed 3 and 3.5 but they wont download because of 4.5 being installed already. anyone know how to fix this? it worked perfectly fine playing E&B before the update.

thanks for help 

malthizor

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

With 8/8.1/Server 2012, the earlier .NETs are actually included with the OS install, you most likely just need to go into the control panel > programs > add Windows feature and turn it on then reboot. You can find a guide to installing it on Win8 pinned in the topics at the top of this forum.

Incidentally in response to space, Microsoft says they're going out of their way to make Windows 10 work for developers more modularly and should prevent such weird issues. The problems experienced are usually because the apps try to run in the metro interface instead of from the desktop. I'd have to connect to my workstation to look but I believe there are compatibility settings that let you force running it as a desktop app which may sort out the problem as well if you need to install something from yesteryear.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb822049.aspx