1 client works at time (Even if 2 separate Net-7 Proxies open) [Solution!.]

This is not the typical multi-box issue (server already running)..

I recently encountered a situation where, upon opening Net-7 launcher, everything worked totally fine (past the regular multi-box error of 'already running'), past character select, and actually logged into the game.

I then tried to repeat the process with a second client ('with or without' the multi-box tool makes no difference),  upon passing character selection on the second client though, for some reason what ended up happening was the first instance of Net-7 proxy got disconnected, and the second Net-7 Proxy magically took over connection of the 2nd client, and limited functionality of the first client, (they were BOTH connected through the second instance of Net-7 proxy, while the first instance remained disconnected and idle).  

Its rather strange I know, and I went to great lengths to try and figure out what was causing it... Many re installs, firewall, routers settings.. etc.

The problem turned out to be something way easier. It was in fact VPN software that I had installed. What ever the installation process was to ensure secure service with this software, doing so made it impossible for net-7 proxy to run 2 instances and connected with independent clients.

After uninstalling the VPN software, I am once again able to connect properly to the game.

Hope this saves a few headaches one day

Cheers,
-Tral

Thank you very much for finding this issue,  I also had VPN software on my two desktop computers. when i read your posting i gave a little thought back to when i installed some software that i had installed on both computers that had some accompanying VPN bloatware,  i didn't think about the connection but i also lost multi-boxing capability when this VPN was installed. I uninstalled it restarted the computers to ensure it was gone, and 'lo and behold i had to instances of the game running on each computer,  Finally i can have more than 1 per computer in game,   Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...