BI and public raiding.

I was trying to help organize the public troller raid today, and it was made painfully clear to me that the public resents my help in the raids and my guilds presense.

I'm sorry to inform you guys I have asked my guild to not participate in the public rotation raids anymore.(we will still knock down blacklung mobs)

I have changed the MOTD asking the guild to not help you guys anymore.

If you want to accuse me of loot stacking from the guild and stuff, fine.

I would like to point out I did not want my guild to roll on loot from the raids but you guys said it was okay.

Who are we to complain when were asked to help and provide 2/3rds of the raid force.

So I will inform raiderman of the publics want to do the raids without BI's help.

It's time to break the link anyways.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I was once told that a leader was only as good as the people that he or she had under them.  I lurk online a lot mostly just mining and watching. BI players seem to ALWAYS step up to help with builds and advice.  Magoo included.  I only wish that we can someday get away from this silly rotation crap and ALL players that participate in a raid are treated as equals! regardless of their guild affiliation.  

If a player gives his or her time, ammo, and possible damage to the equipment they SHOULD be entitled to roll on the spoils. 

Just saying....

A now proud member of Builders Inc.

Well I for one do thank Magoo for all the help and advice he has given. I just wish that the few A$$hatz that was giving him a hard time in general chat would keep their comments to them selves; not one of them were out at the public Troller raid today. I agree with Mimir that it would be nice to get rid of the rotation and let all help with any raids. This community is too small to be isolationist. I enjoy when the GM's or DEV spawn things that require all to get involved' you have the chance to fight next to peeps that you would normally tip your hat to and say hi too. All I ask is if you have a cross word to say about some one, keep it were it belongs, a privet channel or to your self is better. That is my two cents.

Magoo, you can be my Wing-man anytime.

Team Work makes the Dream Work

I think you will find, as I told Magoo earlier in a private conversation; that the bigger you are, the bigger that target is.

There were reasons why the rotation was implemented. There were / are some who just clash no matter the situation. In order for the MANY to participate the rotation had to be implemented. The rules were set up and agreed upon by all involved.

I think, as adults, we can all agree that when the rules start to break down, it rapidly degrades from there. I don't know who was giving Magoo a hard time and who was not. If he wishes to participte in the public raids, I don't know if there is an objection. If he is co-ordinating the raids on the public week; I think that is where these folks are putting their objections in.

The reason there was a new rotation was such that the public would also have a fair chance at the same 'uber' items that the 'Big 3' were accessing. There are some who would say "Well if BI is doing the public raid week, then they are getting 2 weeks in each rotation, that's not fair". From there it only would degrade and cause bickering, arguing and more drama that just is not needed.

There are some folks who just say 'let it be'. The sad truth is that each and every person on this game has his/her own opinion about 'fair' and if those opinions differ, even slightly, then 'all hell' tends to break loose; and in such a small environment it is felt even to the last newest player on the server.

Today was first hand experience in what kind of potential drama could be unleashed.

This is my personal opinion regardless of the [ADV] tag. I have stated many times, I don't care where you park your ship or who your guild leader is. This is how I live my life each day in the game and out. I am bound to offend someone in some fashion with my statments and that is OK. Your views are not the same as mine and I respect that. All I ask is that you do that same for me.

• Upvote 3

All it takes is a few to FUBAR the Whole ...  On Public raids I do not  care about guild tags,  Just if we have the right type of players to do the raid with little player death's.

So what 99999999999 BI or 99999999999 VGE or 999999999999 static or 99999999999 epic or 99999999999 who the heck cares ,,,,,, and on and on and so forth show up .

So for those's who was crying in general chat and did not show up ..... that's your choice.  yes there are some players that piss me off at time's but if they yell for help i still go help . That's is  what made THIS a all some game .

i make this due respect to all .............

I do feel it is sad how people can complain about someone helping them. They are probably the very same people that don't participate or pick up the baton when needed. So who will begin to organize the public raid... to take their time and effort to help .

I'm thinking no one will with the kind of grief given for their efforts.

My hats off to you sir Magoo for what I've seen you do for the whole and not just your own.

just my 2 cents

Mordor

Edited by G-Man

I have to leave resolving of the issues to those who know all the ins and outs of such matters, but without the help of the guilds, those un-guilded of us have 0 chance at these events, and with their help, we have been able to have a shot at some of the big items in the game.

I have a dream that one day this universe will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these raids to be self-evident; that all players are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on Mars Alpha, with its aggressive genetically-altered Progens, with its Proconsul Kerr having his lips dripping with the words of perfection and genetic manipulation, one day right there on Mars Alpha little Terran boys and girls will be able to join up for raids with little Progen boys and girls as group members.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream...  That little Jenquai children will one day live in a universe where they will not be judged by the name of their guild but by the damage of their beam lasers.

So now, let the raid invites ring from the General channel!

Let the raid invites ring from the New Players channel!

Let the raid invites ring from every local player and friend in the sector.  From every nav point, let the raid invites ring.

And when this happens, when we allow the raid invites to ring, when we let them ring from every space station and planet, from every faction and every system, we will be able to speed up that day when all of the Devs children.. Terrans, Progen, and Jenquai, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Tada-O spiritual, "BIG! STRONG! WOW! Tada-O!!"

• Upvote 4

I don't know what happened to cause this reaction from magoo but i know he is a big help to everyone be it raiding with public or offering advice etc.

I have seen public raids done with little involvement from the big 3 or with over half the players from them. To that i'm not entirely comfortable with to be honest. Public for me means as many people outside of the 3 (BI, Static and VGE) having fun first and foremost, and then a chance to get items they would probably be unable to just by themselves. If you have to wait a couple, or more, hours for that to happen so be it than a public being comprised mostly of the 3 just rushing in as soon as the trigger is up.

One thing that i'm completely against was last week when BlackLung announced server wide that troller/bbg triggers were spawned for public raids only to witness firsthand a bit later a group of players(some dualing) comprised entirely of BI taking on Controller. Funny thing is we had at the time of the announcement 2 foul groups comprised entirely of single boxers about to start a Fishbowl in Cooper and it was not like we couldn't have rushed in and claimed it. I just wanna see the same from the rest and what i described above.

I want to point out that these are my personal views on the matter and in no way do they represent the view of VGE as a guild.

PS What i mentioned was not  random sector spawns.

Edited by Efialtis
  • Upvote 1

Hi Efialtis,

I asked BlackLung in teamspeak this very question over a month ago when he spawned a public troller.  I said we cannot participate because it is not our week.  He said he didn't care who's week it was, it was for anyone who wanted to do it.  I think his exact words were for anyone that wanted to knock it down.

So there is a difference between a public raid during the regularly scheduled raid rotation and a public BlackLung raid.  BlackLung special raids are for any and all on the server at the time regardless of guild affiliation.  Usually first come, first serve.

I have no reason to not believe you having that convo with BL and his response Spartan.

The way you went about it though gives out the mentality within BI and its leadership (i know raiderman was there as well as you do). You never tried to form a public raid but instead you even 'dualed' so it would be a BI exclusivity. I know the Core drop is too great a temptation to resist.

Makes you wonder if whatever happened with magoo wasn't personal does it? And yes the difference is that you rushed to do it before someone else could attend. Like i said we could have done it even before you.

I know I didn't dual box.  I do remember the roll for the core being 11 folks...so someone did dual box or opted out of the roll (doubtful). 

When I heard that BlackLung spawed a troller and GoBB I rushed right to the troller.  Guilty as charged. 

I can guarantee you though that if anyone else did show up they would have been allowed in *before* BI guild members that showed up after them.

<<extreme sarcasm>> What it looks like Efialitis is trying to say is: The big three, or four should just not log in during their off week  And anything organized outside of the norm is hands off to guilded players.<</extreme sarcasm>>

How long should a guild wait before joining in on a special event? 

Seems sad to me. 

Just Saying

Mim

• Downvote 2

May i ask who said anything about off weeks and whatnot? i may not be a native english speaker/writer but i believe people understand what it is i'm saying and what is the saying of others.

And there is a difference between joining and owning. Funny fact from this weekend in Lagarto, i was driving a group with members of 4 different guilds, wanna guess how many different guilds BIs group had? Seen people ask for a group and they never received an invite from anyone.

I guess sarcasm has its limited use as well.

Not sure how this relates to BI trying to help organize public raids... but OK.  The thing is BI has bowed out of helping/organizing/participating in "Public" raids, so this is a non starter.  If there are other reasons to hate BI perhaps a different thread would be in order?

Just saying

Mim

The fact is BI should have never organized any pug raid. The agreement was that public would organize its own raid and if help was needed ask for it from ALL 3 guilds but BI seemed only interested in padding small guilds with alts and rolling on loot that was not open to them in the first place. After people finally see this and react to it we find ourselves here listening to another rant of poor me BI. As for the BL spawned mobs thats different ball game completely. Can not speak for VGE but Static was asked less then a handful of times to help. In fact I think it was only twice since the agreement was made. Still if anyone was keeping track BI was at EVERY pug raid.

Try to spin this anyway you want but everything I said is true and people can go back a reread the old posts about this very thing. I am proud of the pugs finally standing up for yourselves and I say bravo to them!!!

BTW who is the leader of BI now? I thought it was raiderman. If so why is magoo making policy for BI? Just saying!

Edited by Canman

You know when I wrote this a couple days ago in anger and being lied about, I was fully expecting people to be ranting or whatever was going to happen.

But with the positive response it makes me want to thank you all for the support.

Like a person said during the problem no good deed goes unpunished.

I just try and be the best person I can be given my quirky personality, and the support you guys showed me here this is good for me.

I sat here for a good half hour and wanted to rant an rave and all it would have done is turned around the good that you guys showed and I didn't want that to happen.

Raiderman said BI can help, I just wont try and organise anymore unless I am asked to do it. I wont volunteer anymore it's not worth the pain.

As for how fast the raids get done, I seem to be very very good at organizing people into raid forces.

Call it a gift. But I just try to use that to help you guys get stuff done. I never ask my guild for help unless we need like 2-3 people I try for a long time to never even include my guild.

We have our own raid week and some people rightly point out it's double dipping, and I regularly never roll on anything, but when I am told by the other public raid leaders it's all right if we roll I will do so.

So does my guild.

As for the blacklung raids we were told one sunday that 3 identical raids were spawned in earth/mars and jupiter the pubbies got the earth mobs BI got the jup mobs and rolled the skull for like 8 or 10 people ( I won hey life can be good) and I still have no idea who got the mars raid ( i suspect either vge or static) we had the people on and had pubbies with us and they rolled were not standoffish and were certainly not hogging raid spawns or whatever and we respect the rotation.

Saturday past blacklung spawned the gobb trigger.

He also asked me to random 1 6 for which wave he spawned on top of the spawn trigger.

I got lucky and rolled a 1 and we got 2 full raids from it.

He also respawned the public rotational trigger and we left.

I ended up looting both of the blacklung spawned raids and syber randomed the stuff off.

I'd like to know what I did or my guild did wrong other then participate in a publically spawned gm raid.

It seems like a lot of misconceptions about me and my guild exist.

Maybe someone from the outside can explain it to me and the rest of the people in this chat what I am doing wrong here?

Truth and facts would be nice, not hyperbole and bs and outright lies and fabrications.

My record as a guild leader and a leader of people in raids should speak for itself, and my behavior and abilities are laid out for everyone to see.

Please, I ask you to tell me what I'm doing wrong? PM me email me message me here in the forums whatever I'm always around.

Canman I'll answer that simply were asked to help, your guild could help also so can VGE it's a public raid. Were part of the public and because were approachable were asked to help in the raids.

As for who leads BI it's Raiderman as I stated in the first post.. I brought the issue to him and he rightly pointed out I needed a cooling off time.  So the guild can participate which is right and I'll just step away(I so want to open the old can of worms here but I'll be nice) If I'm asked i'll help if not let them fend for themselves.

GM spawned raids may the best group win > :)

I wont respond to this thread anymore but I ask people to grow up and not attack someone in public for just trying to help, it looks bad upon you and your guild(tritia*however it's spelled* and lumia do you really want to rep your guild by being the guilds ass?) Isn't this over with? I sure thought it was and I wont let it go un-noticed as you well know.

• Downvote 1

I only have one response to your final statment here, Mr. Magoo.

You called out two people, Tritia (sp?) and Lumia.

I would like to point out that I didn't see either of those two people involved in this particular conflict.

I saw two people involved, neither with names even remotely close to those you mention here.

You said yourself that a lot of folks have misconceptions and hyp and hyperbole and what not and such about you and your guild.

You want cold hard proof to show these things to be truth. I couldn't agree with you more on this point. Any and all claims should be backed up with evidence of wrongdoing (or even rightdoing if it's questioned).

I would just like to say, since neither of the two you listed in your previous post were there, perhaps you should follow your own advice and not 'call folks out' if you don't know it was them?

The first step in getting things right is to not be hypocritical and call for one thing while doing the exact opposite.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well at least you finally admitted to double dipping. Magoo you know just like every one else around here that per our agreement you or any in BI was NEVER to roll on loot in pug raids period!!!! Also you or anyone in BI was to never organize and run pug raids period. We agreed to support and give advice when needed ONLY! So you want to know what your doing wrong well there ya go. You do this every time and agreement is made between the 3. The rules only apply as long as it fits BI's agenda if not you just feel its ok to do as you wish. I do NOT hold all of BI accountable for this cause I know it was only a few leading the way. The fact is you broke your word to the entire server and now you want to justify your actions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well at least you finally admitted to double dipping. Magoo you know just like every one else around here that per our agreement you or any in BI was NEVER to roll on loot in pug raids period!!!! Also you or anyone in BI was to never organize and run pug raids period. We agreed to support and give advice when needed ONLY! So you want to know what your doing wrong well there ya go. You do this every time and agreement is made between the 3. The rules only apply as long as it fits BI's agenda if not you just feel its ok to do as you wish. I do NOT hold all of BI accountable for this cause I know it was only a few leading the way. The fact is you broke your word to the entire server and now you want to justify your actions.

I think this is one of those go nowhere threads.  If possible could it be locked? deleted? Burned and the ashes spread to the winds?

These always bring out the haters.  

Arrrrrrrrrrrr  And those that know what I mean by that this is why!

Just saying

Mim