Logging in Game Crashes and You!

ok here the deal i started playing this account on my computer step dad says he would like to play i say ok....i download and go through the steps again on his computer and linked his account together <forum and game> went into game go to sign in with password and it crashes ......SO went through the faq login help <all 3 steps> get to log in screen and enter password and it just crashes again i double checked password screen name etc and came to conclusion to uninstall after i did that and also i erased the old E&b folder and K7 folder and start over now by the time i got back to login i forgot i changed pw slightly <and meg tell me its wrong> then i remember and it crashes ... so he is running vista on a hp now if my old e-machine back in the day when this was in beta i was able to play it fine his computer should be well enough i don't get why its happening so sitting here frustrated said frack it and looking for help... sorry for the rant but S.O.S. looking forward for the help with this ... i would like to have a wingman lol