It's great to return to the first MMO I ever played.

Hi,  

I played EnB for a while when it was live, but it was so long ago, I don't remember which server I was on, or what my character names were.  I do remember that I had a Progen Sentinel, and I stopped playing right around time time I hit level 100.

After bouncing around to WoW, and Eve, I've really been turned off MMO's in general.  After playing almost nothing but FSX for the last year, I signed up to back the two high-profile new Space Sims that are being developed right now, and it made me nostalgic for the EnB days.   I just happened to Google Earth and Beyond yesterday and stumbled on reference to this site and thought I would give it a try again.  I started a Terran Enforcer last night, and it was a blast.

Thank you Devs for making this possible!

Charlie

Welcome back to Earth & Beyond.  The missing classes have been implemented, though the Privateer is short one skill.  Each of the new classes got their own star system that wasn't in the original.  Seeker got Castor (Ishuan, Menorb, & in the future  Nebiros), Scout got Proxima Centauri (Adriel Prime & Margesi), and Privateer got Altair (Altair III, Nostrand Vor sector & planet).  There are also new sectors that weren't in the original, such as Pluto & Charon, Neptune, Uranus, Ceres (currently closed), Venus, Mercury, Paramis (Smuggler's Run), & Moto (61 Cygni).

If you want a Scout, Seeker, or Privateer you can find the instructions in game resources, here.

Welcome back Charlie...You quit EnB around L100?

Sounds like you didn't wait for sunset, 12 years ago?

Yes the new classes are alot of fun.

Is Charlie ur TE's name?

See u in the universe,

Welcome back Charlie...You quit EnB around L100?

Sounds like you didn't wait for sunset, 12 years ago?

Yes the new classes are alot of fun.

Is Charlie ur TE's name?

See u in the universe,

Charlie is my real life name.  I my TE is Mudge, I also have Ttmudge, and Jemudge (I'm still working out naming conventions.  Too late to re-roll and fix names.  I have almost a week invested in those toons. ^_^  )  

I quit at 100 before Sunset (about a year before, maybe).  By the time I was ready to come back EnB was gone, so I moved on to Eve (briefly), City of Heroes (also briefly), and WoW (a brief 5 years).   I don't like PvP, so I find that EnB is a good fit for me.  

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't notice privateer in the character creater... but i played back in the day, i as well googled earth and beyond just because and was lead here, tried to install about a month or two ago and had severe issues, got frustrated, today I came back as I had a dream about what i could do to make it work, and it did, so stoked, these guys who did this are really awesome, told my friend about it, hopefully he likes it because this game is my first MMO as well and will probably be my favorite game for a long time, I've been gaming since the late 80s and this game is my favorite.

I didn't notice privateer in the character creater... but i played back in the day, i as well googled earth and beyond just because and was lead here, tried to install about a month or two ago and had severe issues, got frustrated, today I came back as I had a dream about what i could do to make it work, and it did, so stoked, these guys who did this are really awesome, told my friend about it, hopefully he likes it because this game is my first MMO as well and will probably be my favorite game for a long time, I've been gaming since the late 80s and this game is my favorite.

You'll have to use the Choose Profession arrows at the bottom of the screen to see the missing classes.  It doesn't add new buttons to the top.  The instructions for doing so can be found in the Game Resources section of the forums.

Welcome back.